6 Week Gut Flora Balance Program
Our language, history, and scientific evidence attest to the importance of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract: the stomach, small intestine, colon and the microorganisms (flora) that live there. Traditional and modern health systems from around the world place great emphasis on GI function and consistently associate good digestion with good health. Gut flora are now known to play such a significant role in human health that research suggests we view them collectively as another bodily organ.
“As our knowledge base coalesces, one thing is crystal clear:
Gut Health is essential for overall health and well-being.”
Good Health Starts in the Gut
GI Flora Balance Program: Designed to Cleanse and Balance the GI Tract, Fueling Healthy Gut Flora for an Improved GI Environment.
At Standard Process and MediHerb, we recognize the importance of GI health. Using our cutting-edge scientific resources and more than 100 years of combined clinical experience, we’re proud to introduce this simple and effective program.
This protocol is designed to encourage gut flora balance, and support gut health in the following ways.
- Promotes healthy and balanced intestinal flora
- Cleanses the lower gastrointestinal tract
- Maintains a healthy GI environment
- Supports healthy digestion
- Improves nutrient absorption
- Supports healthy immune system function
- Maintains healthy skin
- Promotes vitality and stamina. Improves effectiveness of other protocols
- Supports healthy female hormonal balance*
Synergistic Support for Gut Health
The GI Flora Balance Program, tailored from Kerry Bone’s experience managing GI challenges, uniquely combines the cleansing herbal support of Gut Flora Complex with the food-ingredient support from Prebiotic Inulin to balance gut flora and restore gut health.
Gut Flora Complex
- Anise and Oregano essential oils – traditionally ingested to promote health in the intestine, for example through the reduction of flatulence.
- Oregano, Phellodendron (containing berberine), and Andrographis – used traditionally to cleanse the lower GI tract, encouraging proper intestinal flora.
- Andrographis – supports a healthy immune response and promotes vitality.
Inulin from chicory root is a nondigestible, soluble fiber found naturally in many plants
- Preferential support for Bifidobacteria populations in human studies1
- Promotes healthy elimination and may support bowel frequency and stool softness.
- Feeds healthy bacteria and promotes a healthy pH in the lower GI tract.
- Supports immune cell function and antibody production in the gut.
- Supports absorption of calcium and magnesium*
- In some cases, practitioners may want to add other products to support the effect of the GI Flora Balance Program. There are many compatible options, starting with Vitanox, from MediHerb, and Prosynbiotic, from Standard Process.
- Vitanox provides mild cleansing support in the lower GI tract to encourage proper intestinal flora.
- ProSynbiotic contains four research – supported strains of lactic acid bacteria, including Bifidobacterium (BB-12®), and prebiotic fibers for comprehensive gut support.*
2 bottles needed for protocol:
- 1 capsule, 2 times per day for body weight < 200lbs 3 bottles needed for protocol
- 1 capsule, 3 times per day for body weight > 200lbs
2 bottles needed for protocol
- 1 teaspoon, 2 times per day with a shake or water, or as directed ProSynbiotic
Suggested Adjunctive Products
Take at least two hours after Gut Flora Complex capsules
- 1 capsule, 3 times per day, or as directed Vitanox
- 1 tablet, 2 to 3 times per day, or as directed
1 Support Bifidobacteria may be dependent on the populations already existent in the gut. Combination with a probiotic supplement containing Bifidobacteria may enhance this action (Roberfroid, 1998), especially in populations that are known to have lower populations of Bifidobacteria, like the elderly (Claesson M J et al. PNAS 2011;108:4586-4591).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent and disease.
BB-12® is a registered trademark of Chr. Hansen, Inc.
©2011 Standard Process Inc.