2 cups chopped grilled chicken breast
1 medium apple, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
¼ cup diced red onion
2 T. chopped walnuts
¼ cup avocado mayonnaise
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 T. lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons dijon mustard
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Fresh thyme, for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare grill for cooking.
2. Season chicken breasts liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Cook the chicken on the grill for 6-10 minutes, turning after 4-5 minutes. Chicken is done cooking when it’s white throughout and has an internal temperature or 160°F.
4. Remove from grill and allow to cool. Once cool enough to handle, chop it up for the salad.
5. Combine chicken, diced apple, celery, onion and walnuts in a large bowl.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and mustard until combined.
7. Add dressing to the bowl with the chicken mixture and toss well.
8. Top with fresh thyme, if desired.
9. Serve salad as is, in a wrap, sandwich or as a topping for salad.
Inspired by www.eatingbirdfood.com