2 pounds ground beef
1 pound ground pork
1 onion finely diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup almond flour
2 cups crushed tomatoes
Fresh basil for serving
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except the tomatoes in a large bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and form the mixture into 2-inch balls. Place a dollop of crushed tomatoes on each one and bake for 20-30 minutes, until browned.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with basil.
- Insert a toothpick into each one for an easy appetizer. Enjoy!
Inspired by: https://ultimatepaleoguide.com/holiday-meatball-bites/