2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 shallots, minced
3 cups chicken stock
1 cup water
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cups full-fat coconut milk
4 slices of cooked bacon, cut into pieces
1 Tbsp. olive oil or ghee;
Fresh parsley for garnishing;
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, garlic, shallots, and olive oil.
3. Spread the cauliflower mixture on a roasting pan and place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
4. Transfer the cauliflower to a large saucepan and add the chicken stock and water. Add thyme and the bay leaf, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover the saucepan. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the bay leaf.
6. Puree the soup using an immersion blender or a blender.
7. Stir in the coconut milk and season to taste with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
8. Top each bowl with crispy bacon, if desired, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Inspired by https://paleoleap.com/roasted-cauliflower-soup/