2 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb. chicken breasts
1 cup celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup onion, finely chopped
½ Tbsp garlic, finely minced
2 cups Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters (so you can remove at the end)
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon dried parsley
3 cups grass-fed chicken or bone broth
¼ teaspoon dried basil
3 Tbsp parsley for garnish
½ cup almond or coconut milk
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot on the stove. Add in the celery, carrot, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, and basil. Sauté for 2 minutes or until slightly translucent.
2. Add raw chicken breasts, potatoes, and broth in the pot. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat to a simmer and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
3. Once cooked, remove the large potato pieces and chicken breasts.
4. Place large potato quarters, almond milk, and ½ cup of broth from the pot into a blender until smooth. Add back into the pot.
5. Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and shred. Put the chicken back into the pot.
6. Stir everything together until combined and smooth. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Inspired by The Clean Eating Couple