8 chicken thighs (can use boneless, bone-in, skin-on or skinless)
3 medium sweet potatoes
1 medium onion
4 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp. yellow curry powder
1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
1 Tbsp. turmeric powder
1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. bacon fat, lard, avocado oil or refined coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crush or finely chop garlic and set aside.
- Cut onions and sweet potatoes into 1-inch chunks.
- Preheat cast iron skillet and add bacon fat, lard, avocado oil or refined coconut oil.
- Add all ingredients, including spices to skillet and blend well.
- Cover skillet and place in oven for 30-40 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and mixture starts to caramelize. Goal is to caramelize without burning so watch carefully after 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Inspired by www.westonaprice.org