3-4 medium bananas, 1 2/3 cups mashed
3 eggs, room temperature
3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted + cooled to room temp
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup creamy almond butter
1/3 cup coconut flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and line a 12-pan muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and almond butter until fully combined.
3. Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
4. Divide the muffin batter between the 12 muffin liners, filling each about 2/3 of the way full. Top with more chocolate chunks or chips if desired.
5. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, and the muffins should spring back when poked with a finger (should not stay indented).
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about ½ hour. Flip out on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Inspired by: The Clean Eating Couple